Young diplomats forum
10th edition - london, united kingdom
2nd july - 6th july 2018
The Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is an intensive week long programme of practical sessions, workshops, policy exercises and institutional visits delivered by world leading experts.
Set up to recognise, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats. This community of exceptionally bright and accomplished future leaders will gain further insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connections to influence global leaders.
The 10th Edition of Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is a meeting of 100 young and aspiring diplomats from over 75 countries covering every region in the world to tackle hot topics of international affairs.
Previous editions took place in Ankara (September 2013), Mexico (June 2014), London ( September 2014), Greece ( June 2015), Croatia ( September 2016) and Latvia ( September 2017)
The proceedings and workshops of the forum engage young diplomats with Ambassadors, MPs, MEPs, Government officials, Media and Diplomacy experts on different issues of global affairs. In addition, the Young Diplomats Forum is a cultural and entertaining experience that create international friendship amongst participants and engage with institutions in the host country and connect with the place.
highlights of the week
- Diplomacy in the 21st Century ambassadors and leading experts at the Global Diplomats Forum
- Digital Diplomacy in collaboration with the Facebook Europe
- Priorities of UK Foreign Policy at parliamentarian diplomacy with members of parliament
- The role of think tanks in Foreign Policy in partnership with RUSI
- The challenges to the UK-EU foreign policy at the EU representation office in London
- Policy development workshop
- Negotiations workshop
- Smart Diplomacy workshop
- Closing Ceremony at the House of Lords
how to apply?
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR YDF LONDON 2018
Applicants will receive a decision on the success of their applications within 10 days via email. For any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: +44(208) 853 3293
The Participation fee is £995. The participation fee includes shared accommodation from the 1st - 6th July 2018. Food (breakfast and lunch), receptions, institutional and cultural visits are all included within the fee. For delegates not requiring accommodation, the participation fee is £695.
For delegates needing additional requirements for accommodation, including single rooms, please contact us for more information.
Delegates will be staying at the Intercontinental 02, Greenwich
Delegates will be staying in shared accommodation. If you require a single room, this will be an additional cost, depending on the rates offered by the hotel. Shared accommodation includes a twin room with 2 separate beds.
For any further information, please contact us:
Call Us: +44 (0) 208 853 3293
- Lord Hannay, Member of House of lords’ International Affairs committee and Former UK Ambassador to the UN
- H.E Hamad Bin Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari, Minister of State and Deputy Prime Minister of the State of Qatar
- Sean Evins , Head of Government & Politics, Facebook Europe
- Matthew Pennycook, Shadow Minister for Exiting the European Union, Member of Parliament for Greenwich
- Simon Anholt, Founder, The Good Country
- Madeline Hung Co-founder, the Good Country
- Matthew Jackson, Director of the London Office, United Nations Population Fund
- Dr. Cornelieu Bjola, Professor of Diplomatic Studies, Oxford University
- Younes El-Ghazi, Chief Executive and Founder, Global Diplomatic Forum
- Rainatou Sow, Founder and Executive Director, Make Every Woman Count
- H.E Yamina Karitanyi, High Commissioner of Rwanda in London
- Lord Collins of Highbury, Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development, House of Lords
- Tom Brake MP, Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Exiting the European Union)
- Mike Gapes MP, Member of Foreign Affairs Select Committee, House of Commons
H.E Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kurdistan Regional Government
Counsellor Guo Chentao, Head of Policy and Research Section, Embassy of China in London
HE Dr Alexander Yakovenko, The Ambassador of Russia in London
Click here to view the gallery of past GDF events