Arabic Language and Culture Course
دورة اللغة والثقافة العربية
24thJune-20 July 2019
Arabic Language and Culture Course will provide intensive 4 week summer classes to participants. By making full use of the in-country setting by maximizing student language socialization through access to both professionally trained native speakers at the school and members of the host community at large. The Course boasts a rigorous and innovative curriculum that promotes an integrated approach to Arabic language and cultural studies
Highly qualified staff with vast experience in delivery world class Arabic language classes in different international settings. The course combines between intensive Arabic classes, practical tutoring, field trips and a rich cultural experience.
cross country collaboration
The Course is a collaboration between Global Diplomatic Forum and Asilah Cultural Exchange. Asilah Cultural Exchange (ACE) is an educational nonprofit organisation based in Asilah, Morocco. ACE’s main mission is to promote intercultural communication through hosting study abroad programs. ACE creates opportunities for students to develop a broader worldview through homestays, Arabic language courses, educational tours, academic lectures and volunteering opportunities.
The Global Diplomatic Forum (GDF), a London-based independent, not-for-profit organization aiming to engage all the voices and players in international affairs . In essence, the Global Diplomatic Forum organizes Programs and events that engage the diplomatic community with other stakeholders in global affairs as well as contributing to global knowledge sharing through research, consultations and policy documents. The GDF’s world leading programs include the London Diplomatic Summit, the Young Diplomats Forum, Career in International Affairs Forum, Diplomacy Summer Course, Digital Diplomacy Leadership Course.
· Intensive Four-hour daily classes
· Daily Tutorial with native speakers
· Extra Curricular activities
· Field Trips to historical and cultural sites
· Cultural and historical Seminars
· Engagement with local community
· Assessment of progress via quizzes and tests
At the end of the course, students would have acquired Arabic language skills and cultural and historical knowledge on the region to be able :
· To read and Write Arabic with reasonable ease
· Understand basic Arabic language structures
· Engage in basic conversation in classical Arabic and Moroccan Colloquial Arabic
· Understand while listening
· To efficiently engage with local communities in social and professional settings
· To be prepared to advance their understanding on cultural and historical background of the region
Who should attend?
The course is for students and professionals who are pursuing or wish to pursue a career in one of these fields with specialization in Middle East or North Africa :
· Diplomatic Service
· International business
· Military and intelligence services
· Research and Academia
· World class program
· Delivered by highly qualified professionals
· Arabic language and culture knowledge provide a significant boast for professional advancement
· The importance of the region in international political , economic and cultural events of the world in the foreseeable future
· Unique cultural experience through field trips and excursions to different sites
· Networking opportunities with other students, staff, local community and guest speakers that are valuable for their career
The Tuition fee of the Course £2150 or $2750
Tuition fee includes language classes, course material, tutorials, seminars and field trips
Accommodation cost : £750 or $970
Students will be housed in apartments throughout their entire stay with the program. In addition, we will also aim to link students directly into the Asilah community, and we will match each student with a host family. As part of an effort to have students experience daily life in a Moroccan family, students will spend a minimum of one afternoon every other week with host families, and there is flexibility for students to spend more time on weekends with the families, depending on schedules
book your place
Youniss El Cheddadi
Youniss El Cheddadi holds two lecturer positions of Arabic at the University of California in San Diego and at San Diego State University. In addition to teaching Arabic, Youniss specializes in Arabic curriculum design. He is the author of the Arabic Language through Dialogue, textbook language series. Youniss El Cheddadi is actively involved in study abroad. He was the academic director of the critical language scholarship in Rabat, Morocco (2013-2015). He is the founding director of Asilah Cultural Exchange (ACE), an educational non-profit based in Asilah, Morocco, with the mission of promoting intercultural communication through hosting study abroad.
The Host City
The course will take place in Asilah which is a small city in the North of Morocco. Asilah’s history stretches back to 3500 years. It is a very interesting blend of laid back cultural and touristic city known for it beaches. It is also a natural harbor that has been used by many groups throughout the centuries including the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Byzantines, Romans, Arabs, Normans, and Portuguese. Today it is a popular tourist destination, that tourists and travelers of all sorts can appreciate from the brightly decorative murals on building walls to the long walks by the sea . Asilah is characterized by its relaxing pace of life, and a series of cultural festivals that have made Asilah one of the great cultural centers of the Muslim world.
For more information please contact us via:
T: +44(0) 208 853 3293